One of the most important needs of the body is exercise. Physical inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle may lead to overweight and an increased risk of developing some chronic diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
It is important to keep at healthy weight all through life. You can help your body do just that by balancing food intake with regular and effective exercise.
Regular exercise has many benefits. It:
- Boosts energy levels
- Builds optimal body composition
- Helps maintain muscle strength
- Strengthens the chest muscles and improves breathing
- Improves coordination and alertness
- Helps regulate appetite
- Improves mood
- Improves self image
- Helps relieve anxiety
- Improves joint flexibility
- Helps individuals sleep better and work more efficiently